Tuesday, July 22, 2008

QLC

QLC - Quarter Life Crisis. Borrowed this term from Billie's blog. Now that I've turned 25, I suddenly feel so much older. So many things I have yet to accomplish and to top it all off, my skin is becoming worse!

So lately, I've spent a bomb on skincare. All in a bid to regain my still quite-youthful skin. Stuff that I have bought the past month is what I'll usually buy in 5 years. Seriously. I have never thought much about skincare as much as I have in the past month.

1. Eyemasks from The Face Shop that cost me slightly over $50 (12 pairs)
2. St. Ives Facial Scrub from Guardian Pharmacy ($9)
3. Tea Tree Oil that supposedly makes blemishes magically fade away from The Body Shop ($19.90)
4. Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask from The Face Shop ($30)
5. Aloe Sun BB Cream from Skin Food ($38)

Bought the BB cream (blemish balm I think) that doubles up as foundation with Billie and Lynn on Sunday and tried it on today. I don't usually wear foundation coz it makes my face turn a weird shade of white. Also, coz I'm lazy. BUT 25-year-olds cannot afford to be lazy!!! =(

Well, for those who are interested in this new range of Korean BB cream, my verdict is that it was not too bad as I avoid foundation like the plague. I think it clogs my pores. I have no evidence for this, though.

Applied the BB cream at about 11am in the morning. Found myself looking like a ghost but persisted because it cost me ALOT of money and I MUST USE IT EVEN IF I LOOK LIKE A VAMPIRE.

Got to work and nobody said anything weird about my face. Just the usual comments on my messy hair. Went to the toilet and saw that actually I look the same as usual, skin looks smoother and natural *Rejoice!* Dark circles also look slightly less obvious.

Slogged the whole day away and finished work at 10.50pm. Went to the toilet again and face looked slightly oily but I guess that's to be expected. Reached home at 11.30pm and BB cream was still doing its concealing job.

However, taking it off really took up a lot of time. Had to use 3 pieces of cotton balls soaked with make-up remover before everything came off. Washed my face with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser. Then toner to get the last bits off. Gotta remember to put some lotion on before I go to sleep too.

Exposure to the elements (by elements, I mean air-con and cigarette smoke. United Square is full of smokers who come out of the building at every available opportunity and morph into chimneys) has taken a toil on my skin.

Must be more diligent.......zzzz.....time for my beauty sleep now......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!! rejoice to BB balm!!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!! rejoice to BB balm!!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Billie Anne said...

i haven't blog about the bb cream yet! Will do it now. ^^

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home